The first ideas were drafted in 2011, and by 2020 3W had been operating as Government-wide Shared Service Organisation for a number of years. Read on to see the most important milestones and the speed at which our organisation developed.
The history of 3W
November 2011- The 1st concept Business Case Project 9, Shared Service Organisation international function is ready.
- January 2012 – Adoption of Business Case
- April 2012 – Adoption of Implementation plan
- April 2012 – Launch conference SSO-IF
- June 2012 – Adoption of Nota Supply and Demand management
- October 2012 – Follow-up conference
- October 2012 - SSO IF moves on as 3W | Working for the Netherlands WorldWide
- November 2012 – Adoption of the Products and Services catalogue
- November 2012 – Adoption of the communication plan, steering model, financing and supervision model
- December 2012 - 1st meeting of the Sounding board group (representing a cross-section of the target groups)
- December 2012 – Adoption of the organisation and formation report
- January 2013 - Paul Heemskerk takes on the role of Director 3W
- January 2013 -1st client meeting (representatives of the user-departments )
- February 2013 – Supplier meeting (representatives of the 3W suppliers
- 15 April 2013 – Official establishment of 3W
- April - ICBR passes on the baton to the 3W Steering group in parallel with the the establishment of the 3W client consultation. (OGO 3W)
- April 2013 – 1st 3W Client Contact Person meeting
- May 2013 – The Secretary General of Foreign Affairs submits the 3W transition plan to the Workers Council of BZ. Positive advice follows on June 21st 2013.
- September 2013 – Layout and relocation of back offices: (large) sections of BZ-departments Consular Affairs and Migration policy department (DCM) [...], Housing and facilities department (ZHF), Financial- Economic Affairs (FEZ), the Personnel and Organisation Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (HDPO) are added to 3W.
- September 2013 – 1st interdepartmental client meeting (OGO)
- October 2013 – 1st customer consultation in full 3W operational setting
- Autumn 2013 – The transition plans Working at the EU/short missions and agreement Caribbean team (BZK) are ready.
- April 2014 – The Directorate Personnel and Organisation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (HDPO) / international functions (working at the EU/short missions) joins in.
- May 2014 - The Caribbean team of the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations.(BZK) is added to 3W.
- July 2017 – Relocation of Foreign Affairs to the Rijnstraat
- November 2017 – Start of task specialization
- January 2018 - Purchasing services go from 3W to FSO
- April 2018 - 3W celebrates 5 years on the 15th
- Augustus 2018 – Launch of the website
- May 2019 - Introduction of Travelpoint
- July 2019 - Relocated at
Terminal Zuid, 5th floor
2551 EM Den Haag
- January 2020 - New and approved Travelpoint
- April 2020 - General telephone number 4333 changed into 4000, Service Desk renamed as Customer Services and welcomed new collegues from HDPO.