Do you want to send documents and / or goods with a classification higher than confidential to a diplomatic representation abroad? You can use the Diplomatic Courier (hereafter: Courier shipment). Due to security, courier shipments are transported under the personal guidance of a courier.
This information is intended for
All users of the Diplomatic Courier Service can apply for a Courier shipment with the Diplomatic Courier Service.
What precisely does it entail?
A Courier shipment can consist in sealing and shipping, but may also consist in only the sealing of a package. Please find below further explanation of these two variations:
Shipping and sealing
For shipment requests, the Diplomatic Courier Service, in cooperation with the Diplomatic Representation, takes care of the entire process, from dispatch to arrival at the Diplomatic Representation.
- Assessing the request and deciding on the appropriate shipping method;
- Compiling and sealing (Diplomatic) the Courier consignment for a Diplomatic representation abroad;
- Issuing a Diplomatic Pass / Immunity Declaration in the name of a courier provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Diplomatic Mission, or to a cabin crew member of KLM;
- Transferring a shipment to KLM or to a courier at an airport of departure in the Netherlands;
- The registration and monitoring of a shipment from departure to arrival.
For sealing requests, the Diplomatic Express Courier provides only the sealing of the package. The applicant is responsible for sending the package by a courier from its own (governmental) organization.
- Assessing the request;
- Assembling the package following request and applying Diplomatic seal to the package on location at the Diplomatic courier service;
- Issuing a diplomatic courier card / declaration of immunity in the name of a courier provided by the applicant’s (governmental) organization; • Registering the shipment
What are the specifications for my package?
Dimensions: max. 35 x 25 x 15 cm. (l x b x h)*
Weight: Max 10 kgs*
For shipping with a courier by plane, the weight and dimension restrictions are the same as those imposed by the airline on passenger hand luggage.
* Applies to shipping requests
** Applies to sealing requests.
- Exclusively for official service items and service goods with a codification higher than confidential.
- No liquids.
- No foodstuffs and / or other perishable products.
- No excise duty bound goods.
- No substances that have been classified as hazardous substances under the IATA regulations.
- No documents, goods or substances whose possession or transport is prohibited by law in the Netherlands or in the country of destination, transit or departure.
How can I request a shipment?
You can request a shipment at the Diplomatic Courier service by filling in the form below.
Where do I deliver my shipment?
After submitting the application, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail, including an order number. The shipment must be submitted to the Diplomatic courier service at the address below, stating this order number and providing a correct and complete address.
Diepenhorstlaan 20 (2e etage)
2288 EW Rijswijk
Mail items and packages for regular shipments must be delivered no later than 12:00 on the day prior to the day of shipment.
Do you want to send by mail? Please address in this way:
Name of the Representation / location
Name of the employee
2500DD Den Haag
For shipment requests to the Netherlands (from abroad), please contact the Diplomatic Representation in the country from where the shipment will leave.
Diplomatic Mail Items from abroad sent via separate shipment, are forwarded by the Diplomatic Courier Service to the post room of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The mailroom ensures further distribution and / or dispatch by postal carrier. Postal items for governmental agencies in the Haaglanden region, are dispatched with the Interdepartmental Postal and Courier Service (IPKD).
Items destined for governmental agencies can also be collected, if agreed in advance, by appointment, at the counter of the Diplomatic Courier Service.
How long does it take?
A Separate shipment takes on average a couple of working days. This may be longer in some cases, depending on the destination; the nature of the items to be sent; the size of the shipment; the transport options available; and the customs formalities at the place of destination. In some cases, a shipment must also be coordinated in advance by 3W with the Diplomatic Representation.
Are there costs involved?
Yes, 3W will charge the budget holder for the costs of the external service provider.